Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Running Here And There

Today I was running all day. Or so it seemed. Had a meeting at the Working Families Party office on University Place in Manhattan. Took the subway in. Bless the new B train which gets me into Manhattan in about 35 minutes. It's fast! Got off at Broadway/Lafayette and, on my folding Dahon, pedaled the rest of the way to the Village. The office is a cubicle in the Lithorgrapher's Union which is in a big old building at the corner of University and 13th Street.

We talked politics and such and I met some people who, previously, I had only known over the phone. As usual, the voice on the phone never quite matches the body when you actually get to meet the person in person (is that redundant?)

After my meeting I headed over to the Gulf Coast Cafe to see what progress had been made in the week or so that had passed since I last ventured there. My friend Bob was sitting on the ground. Painting. He was putting a coat of Soho Black ... I jest ... but not too much, since BLACK is the unofficial uniform of Soho-ites (or so it seems. Even in summer, if you want to be in the dernier cri you must, of course, be attired in black, my dears).


Bob applying Soho Black to the facade of his new restaurant.

Bob and I had lunch at the little cafe next to his: the Cafe Pallette. He introduced me to the owner with whom he has struck up a nice friendship.

Well by now it's 4 and I'm heading back via B to Brooklyn. But I'm to be back in Manhattan at 8 to meet Monique and Lonnie for dinner at Sammy's. Stacey can't make it a foursome because she's off to one of her trip meetings. So it's going to be just the three of us. Dinner is the usual described in this Blog earlier so I won't bore you with it.


Lonnie and Monique in front of Sammy's Noodle Shop on Sixth Avenue and 11th Street.

Stacey has left me the car so I'm home early and easily, cruising down Coney Island Avenue and making every light. If it's not a full moon tonight then it must be tomorrow night because it looks full and it's a spectacular sky tonight.


There's a moon out tonight ....

Tomorrow I'm headed to Staten Island and work on the Barbaro campaign. So for now at midnight, it's sleep, perchance to dream. Bonna notte!

No comments: