Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Looking Backwards.

Oct 27, 2004

What with moving and now unpacking, I haven't been able to write much. I've been looking at some photos on my camera's card (wonder what my dad would've made of that: "a camera card? No film?") wanting to clear it of its contents and came across photos I took a few days after the move. We went back to our old house to fetch the contents of the one single drawer that Stacey forgot to pack. (Don't ask). And so I had my opportunity, missed on hectic moving day, of shooting the house, empty.

It was strange to see my old home vacated of its contents, sounds of our footsteps echoing through the empty rooms. The buyer, we hear through the grapevine, is not moving in but renting it out for the time being. Apparently, they haven't sold their condo as they expected and so they won't be moving in anytime soon. And that also means, I think, that the house, won't be a "tear down", unusual for Manhattan Beach, but, instead, will be renovated and preserved for the time being. We've heard that one before and it's turned out to be not so. We'll see.


Looking to the front of our empty house.



And to the back.


Dani, artist that she is, decorated her bi-fold doolrs in her bedroom. This was a many year project that coincided with her enraptured adoration of the rock group Smashing Pumpkins. And so the doors (no pun intended) took on the shibboleths of the lead singer, Billy Corgan.

Take a look. I love them. We didn't take the doors with us -- except in my camera. Hey Dad, they're on my hard drive now. And now they're on my Blog!


Dani's beautiful doors in her bedroom.


An overview of Dani's doors.


Detail of Dani's doors.


Detail of Dani's door.

No comments: